Monday, September 9, 2013

I am really excited....

"I am really excited to share about my trip!  My trip!  It was fun!  Wanna know about my trip?  Let me tell you all about my trip! I rode in a car!  I love car rides!  I rode 208 miles!  Guess where I went?  Guess, guess, guess!  Okay, okay!  I went to St. Louis!  Woof!  I'm really excited!  Here's my story!  Listen, listen, listen!  Ahh a bone!  Okay, listen!

St. Louis is a really famous place!  Lots of information can be found in St. Louis.  But, let me tell you what I found on my most recent adventure there.  There's a really old, really famous courthouse on 4th street in St. Louis that I visited.  Some important historical people, such as Dred Scott and Virginia Minor, fought for their civil rights in this very building.  I couldn't believe my paws were walking in their footsteps - the same footsteps that contributed to an amended U.S. Constitution, which included women's rights and freedom from slavery.  Those cases were decided in the mid-1800s; the building itself is over 150 years old!  Today, it is one of the most prominent architectural landmarks in St. Louis.  It is open for tours so we can learn more about the 19th century judiciary system!  Here's a partial tour of what I saw."


"My view looking up at the Old Courthouse."
 "Here I am with a tribute to Dred and Harriet Scott.  This is just outside of the courthouse doors."

"Check this out: You can see the Arch in the reflection!"


"Are there any cats in there?"


"Looking up at the ceiling in the center of the Old Courthouse."

                                     -Hernando (with a little help from me, Alyssa.)

Total Miles Traveled on this trip:  208mi
Total Miles for Section 2:  302.16

Lat: 38.624801

L
o
n: -90.185476


Post written by Alyssa Hall, CI 424: Section 2

Find more information about the Old Courthouse in St. Louis, MO at this address:
http://www.nps.gov/jeff/planyourvisit/och.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment