Friday, September 27, 2013

Ponce and John Reeder go to St. Louis



Hello, this is Ponce.  I have just come back from a great trip with John Reeder and his family.  We took an exciting trip to the St. Louis Zoo. I rode to the zoo in John’s car.  It was such a great day and the weather was awesome.  I also learned some history about the St. Louis Zoo.  I learned that the zoo is located in Forest Park, which is in St. Louis, Missouri.  In 1904, St. Louis bought a flight cage from the Smithsonian Institution.  The Smithsonian Institution brought the flight cage to the St. Louis World’s Fair in 1904 and didn’t want to disassemble and move the cage.  St. Louis bought the flight cage for 3500 dollars and this was the beginning of the St. Louis Zoo.  Since this time, the zoo has expanded to about 17,955 animals and more than 700 species of animals. I had a great day seeing all of the animals.  I didn’t even have to walk, because John’s kids (Madelyn  and Matthew ) carried me around the zoo.  I became quick friends with Madelyn and Matthew and we played all day long.  I had a great trip to the St. Louis Zoo and hope to visit it again. 





Total Miles:  traveled 225.6 miles by car

Total Miles Traveled by Ponce: 1325.1 miles

Latitude:  38.6355

Longitude:  -90.2905 

















No comments:

Post a Comment