Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Jennipher and Ponce travel to ATL

Hello friends! It’s me, Ponce! I have to tell you about the exciting weekend I just had. I went on a roadtrip to Atlanta, GA with the always fabulous Jennipher. It was so exciting! Jen was going there to visit a friend and she was nice enough to take me along! Isn’t that swell?

We had to leave really early Friday morning, which I was not delighted about, but the drive wasn’t bad (and I got to nap a bit while Jen drove). We finally made it to Georgia and we got to go to a school fair at Kennesaw State University.  Jen’s friend, Emmie, had choreographed a flash mob that was going to take place, it was so cool!

On Saturday we spent the day in Atlanta.  While we were there we visited so many great places! One of my favorite places was the MLK district.  But on the way there, we crossed Ponce De Leon Avenue. Can you believe it?? A street named after me! We continued on our way to the MLK district, found a place to park and started walking.  We walked right past the house that Martin Luther King, Jr. grew up in.  We then went to see the church he used to preach at, Ebenezer Baptist Church.  We really wanted to go into the church and his house, but sadly, they were both closed because of the government shutdown, wah wah.  But we won’t get into that now. It was still very exciting to be there! I’m so glad I got to spend my fall break in Atlanta with my new best friend Jennipher! It was awesome!

I'm famous!!


Isn't his childhood home pretty? I wish we could have gone inside!




Outside the church



Total distance traveled: 892.2 miles

Total miles traveled so far: 2,878.4

Latitude: 33.755499

Longitude: -84.373137

No comments:

Post a Comment