Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Pedro and Hope travel to Virginia!

Hello Friends! 
Pedro here, checking in! I made it back from my trip to Hampton,Virginia. I was a little worried traveling so far with Hope, who can be a little ditsy at times. However, she kept me safe the whole trip. The ride there was fun, but very long. Being in a car for over 14 hours can make an animal crazy, but it was worth it. We arrived early in the morning on a Saturday. I got to meet a couple of guys in the Navy. They were very nice to me and we had a good time together. 

The next day, one of the guys took us on a tour of the Naval Base in Virginia. It was so cool! We walked around all over in a ginormous ship. We went down several stairs, and I got to see the beds people in the Navy slept in, which did not look comfy at all! We also walked up to the top of the ship, which over looked the Atlantic Ocean! I was amazed! There other large ships were really cool too. It was quite a site to see. I was very pleased! After our tour, Hope took me out with her to Longhorn Steakhouse. I had a lot of fun hanging out with her friends. 

Too bad we had to drive back to Carbondale soon. I was not looking forward to this long drive back. We left pretty early in the morning. We drove through the daylight this time, so the view on the way back was beautiful! I saw the Appalachian mountains and all the pretty little houses within them! The ride was very hilly. It was a long drive back, but I had fun listening to music and being with Hope and her friends. I got pretty tired later, so I slept for a while on Hope's lap. After such a long trip, I was back in Carbondale. Hope took me back to my home at the Wham building. I was excited to be back home for a little bit before my next trip!




Total distance traveled: 1,810 miles
Latitude: 36.9420 N
Longitude: -76.2983 W



No comments:

Post a Comment