Monday, October 21, 2013

Sir Frances and Maddy Visit Al Capone!

Hi everybody! It is I, Sir Frances, here to tell you about my fabulous trip to Schaumburg, Illinois!

The first thing I did on my wonderful trip up north was go to a wedding of Maddy's cousin. Unfortunately, dogs are not allowed in churches, so I had to wait in the car. To make up for it, Maddy took me to the coolest place ever the next day! It is a former hideout of the infamous Al Capone. Maddy lives in a suburb northwest of Chicago, and many moons ago, it was a small rural community. Al thought it would be great to hideout there because no police would go looking for him in such a small place! His hideout was at a bar called Easy Street Pub. The building is well over 100 years old! Maddy thinks that is old but I do not, seeing as I am over 500. I wonder what Al would think of Schaumburg now!

Here we are outside Easy Street Pub! Al's hideout was upstairs. Now the upstairs is used to store supplies for the bar downstairs.

I told Maddy that I needed a picture of myself alone in front of Easy Street because I am the star of this show! There I am on the sidewalk. 

I noticed a sign on the window that said "waitress needed." I thought I'd take a closer peek before submitting my application, even if I am a male dog and therefore not eligible to be a waitress. Maddy told me I am too young to work there, but I reminded her that I am over 500 years old! I decided that it is for the best for me not to apply, as I do believe I would miss my human, Mrs. Stearns, far too much!
The weekend went by too quickly, and soon we were back on the road to Carbondale. I decided to take the wheel for a while and let Maddy relax, but for some reason my driving did not suit her. 

Who could ever be mad at this cute face? 


Total Distance: 740 miles
Mode of Transportation: Car
Latitude/Longitude: 42.026429,-88.079679

No comments:

Post a Comment