Saturday, November 23, 2013

Hernando and the Miracle Worker.

It's Hernando here and I have a story to tell you! I had the best trip on October 17th I got to go home with Lindsey and we had a great weekend! I got to spend the weekend with a wonderful little boy named Harley! He was so happy to have me at his house that I got to sleep right beside him all weekend!
This is how I got to sleep it was so comfortable. :)
We left from wham and drove back to Benton, IL where we stayed the night. We then packed up and headed to Tennessee I had a lot of fun because I had lots of kids to play with because we had a birthday party to go to. In our car there were 4 kids riding so I got lots of time being petted and played with, then we had a second car traveling with us and there were 3 more kids in that car plus another dog!!! The other dog looked like me she is a dachshund just like me and her name is molly!
I had so much fun because the birthday was at a bouncy house!
After we left the party we packed all the kids up and headed south again but this time we went to Alabama! We went to visit some of Lindsey's family and it was very fun, while we were there we decided to visit a local historical site. We were in Muscle Shoals so we went a few towns over to Tuscumbia and visited the Birthplace of Helen Keller!
 When we pulled up I couldn't wait I ran straight up to the gates to look at the house where a miracle happened.
We got pictures at the signs that tell the name of the house and then we went in to have a look around.

I forgot to have Lindsey take pictures of the inside because I was so thrilled to be seeing a peice of history. I found out that the house was built in 1820 only one year after Alabama became the 22nd State of the Union. So this house was in great shape for being almost 200 years old! It was very interesting they even tried to teach me how to read braille! Well after our visit at the birthplace of Helen Keller we were on the road again and headed for home. We dropped the other kids off at their home in Harrisburg and headed back to Benton to get ready for a relaxing night before school the next day on October 22nd. 


Miles Traveled: 688 miles round trip
Transportation Mode:  Car
Latitude and Longitude Coordinates:  34.737998 N and -87.706393 W



No comments:

Post a Comment