Monday, November 4, 2013

Sir Francis and Tabitha travel to Troy, IL

Tabitha took me on an exciting adventure to Troy, IL! Before I got to go see Troy City Cemetery, I had to go to a conference with a bunch of Jr. High kids! We rode on a church bus! It was a new experience for me! All of the children wanted to hold me, which I kind of liked.

When it was finally time for the real adventure, we pulled into Troy City Cemetery! It was really neat here, because everything was so old! I was unable to read many of the markers, and others were broken and had missing parts. I found out that there are no records for this cemetery, so any database online has had to be copied from the cemetery and entered manually! Wow that must have taken a lot of work! People buried in this cemetery were from Troy, Jarvis Township, and Madison County. Many of the original settlers are buried in this cemetery, and many Troy city streets are named after cemetery residents.

I learned so much at Troy City Cemetery! Tabitha even helped me do a cemetery scavenger hunt! I learned a lot during this. I learned that Robert Schultze was born on Tabitha's birthday, September 28, in 1981. Walter Schultze had an epitaph that read "Gone but not forgotten, Rest in peace." I couldn't help but wonder if they were brothers, since Walter was born in 1986?!

I'm so thankful that Tabitha took me on this adventure to Troy City Cemetery! I would love to go on another adventure soon!



Destination: Troy City Cemetery
Miles Traveled: 275.9
Total Miles for Sir Francis: 1862.9
Latitude: 38.725370 degrees
Longitude: -89.883634 degrees

No comments:

Post a Comment