Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Ponce and Leah Find Some Inspiration

Ruff! Hello all. It's Ponce again. Boy oh boy do I have a lot to tell you! This past Saturday, November 16, Leah took me on an exciting adventure in nature. We made a journey to Inspiration Point near Aldridge, IL and Grand Tower, IL.

Inspiration Point is located on a large rock formation.  When you get to the top of it, you can see the Mississippi River, the Big Muddy bottom lands, farm land, and all sorts of animals! It is in the Shawnee National Forest in Southern Illinois.

Here we are approaching Inspiration Point on the road below it.


Here Leah and I are getting closer to the trail.... I was getting really excited!

.... and I'm finally on the trail! I was getting so anxious. Look at all the beautiful fall colors.

We made it! We made it! Look at our view.  I have never seen anything like it. We could see the road below us as a simple white line.  It was like we were taking pictures for Google maps!


Leah wanted to sneak in one of the pictures, so I decided to be nice... Ruff!

I cannot believe I was able to experience something like this. If you have a fear of heights, I would advise you to take a seat immediately when you climb on top of Inspiration Point like I did. 

That's all for now! I can't wait to see what adventure I go on next.

Ruff! 


Inspiration Point (near Aldridge, IL and Grand Tower, IL)
Coordinates: 37° 35' 7.07" N , 89° 26' 22.30" W
Round Trip Distance: 67 miles






No comments:

Post a Comment