Friday, December 6, 2013

Leslie and Sir. Frances visit Peoria!!!



Leslie and I took a trip to Peoria, IL on November 22.  I was not sure as to how this trip was going go because I spent a remainder of our trip inside Leslie's purse.  I was very displeased, however she finally took me out!  When I was taken out of Leslie's purse I found myself standing in front of many large glass cases full of buttons.  At first I thought to myself "I have spent the entire weekend inside a purse to find myself standing in front of cases full of buttons."  I realized very quickly what each of these buttons represents.  Leslie took me to the Peoria Holocaust Memorial Button Project, a project that was created by various schools in Peoria.  Millions of buttons were collected to represent the lives lost during the Holocaust.  One button represents one life lost during the horrific event in our history.  It was impossible for me to get my picture taken in front of every case at the same time so Leslie decided it would be best for us to get our picture taken in front of a plaque with the name of the memorial, as well as a small case next to it to show just how many buttons there is.

This turned out to be an ok adventure taken with Leslie, however after we left the memorial I was placed back inside Leslie's purse, which I am still not pleased about!

Traveled by car: 488.28 miles
Traveled by CI 424 Section 002: 4,289.28 miles


No comments:

Post a Comment