Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Traci and Ponce have a "Fabulous" time in St. Louis!

Hello fellow travelers! It’s me, Ponce, here to tell you about my latest adventure! On November 1st, Traci took me to the Fabulous Fox Theatre in St. Louis, Missouri! We saw the award-winning musical, Beauty and the Beast! Well, I guess I shouldn’t say “we saw” it. Traci saw it, however, I got left in her purse for the entire show! I forgave her though, because I got to listen to the spectacular songs and music! It was truly wonderful! The orchestra was harmonious and phenomenal. The performers’ voices were spectacular! I’ve never heard a more beautiful voice than that of kind, sweet, loving Belle! She was remarkable! Oh, I hope I’m not offending anyone. I’ve heard many of you singing in your cars…and…you have great voices too…no, really…
Let me tell you about my favorite musical numbers! It is a tie between “Be Our Guest” and “Belle.” I heard Traci say those were her favorites as well. She also loved “Beauty and the Beast.” That one was just a little too mushy for me. After the culminating ending of the show, Traci FINALLY took me out of her purse to explore the incredible artistry of the Fox Theatre. Let me tell you, it is absolutely stunning! The architecture is truly extraordinary. The ornate and lavish interior includes decorative plaster, art glass, sculptures, brass pieces, and extraordinary paintings. One of the most impressive features of the theatre is the 12 foot in diameter, 5,280 pound chandelier! It has 2,264 pieces of jeweled glass and 259 light bulbs! It is truly tremendous! I would hate to be the guy that has to change those light bulbs! Sadly, photography is not allowed in the theatre, but we took some great shots in the lobby! 
The Fabulous Fox Theatre has a great history. The opening night featured a silent film on January 31, 1929. More than 5,500 people were in attendance! I also learned that the Fox was one of the first theatres in the nation will full “talkie” equipment. In its heyday, the Fox held the world premiere of the movie, “St. Louis Blues” with Nat “King” Cole performing on the stage. John Wayne even promoted one of his earlier movies at the Fox! The Fox is home to the grandiose Wurlitzer organ, one of only five of its kind ever made! Later on, the Fabulous Fox Theatre had some trouble staying open and eventually closed its doors in 1978. However, in 1981, the restoration of the Fox began and the end result is absolutely beautiful! The theatre’s historic significance was recognized when it was accepted into the National Register of Historic Places. Pretty impressive, huh?
Traci took me to the fourth floor to explore Peacock Alley. That area is designed for guests to enjoy a visual display that highlight shows, entertainers, and artists that have performed at the Fox over the past 30 years. Even Jerry Seinfeld has performed there! Then, Traci and I took a few photographs together by various works of art. For some reason, people kept staring at us! I think they must have confused me for the Beast! Why else would they be looking at a girl holding a dog? 
After we left the Fox, I nestled back into Traci’s purse and fell asleep on the car ride home. Visiting the Fox was a fantastic theatrical event! I had a splendid time! I highly recommend Beauty and the Beast to any musical lovers out there!


                      Here is a picture of us looking like royalty on this magnificent throne!


                 I loved this lion! He was ferocious! That boy in the background "photobombed" us! Kids!

                                    Here we are outside next to the sign! Don't I look like the Beast?


                                         Here we are looking over the dining hall. It is so beautiful!


Miles traveled: 273.5  
Total miles for Section Ponce: 3587.9 
Mode of Transportation: Car 
Longitude and Latitude Coordinates: 38.6386° N, 90.2317° W

No comments:

Post a Comment