Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Pedro and Gabrielle see Lincoln!

Hello friends!  It's your favorite dog, Pedro!  I'm going to tell you about my trip with Gabrielle to see President Lincoln!  Now, I'm not talking about the actual Abraham Lincoln, of course.  I mean we saw a statue of him and the Appellate Court House in Mt. Vernon, IL.  Even though it was just a statue, it was really cool!  But, let me start at the beginning.  After Gabrielle got me from Mrs. Stearns, we were off to Mt. Vernon!  I got to ride on the dashboard of her Alero, so I had a pretty good view.  When we arrived at the courthouse, the gate was locked.  We did not want to trespass, so we looked at it from afar.  Even though we could not go inside the gate, it was still very interesting!  

Did you know that Abraham Lincoln argued cases in that courthouse!  Yep, he did.  Also, on February 19, 1888, a tornado hit Mt. Vernon.  An emergency hospital was set up in the building, and Clara Barton supervised the operation!   Built in 1857, the Appellate Courthouse has many wonderful memories.  Gabrielle has a memory there too.  Her and her friends took their senior prom pictures there. 

After we visited the courthouse, we went to Gabrielle's house in Woodlawn and had an amazing home cooked meal!  It was chicken pot pie!  Yuuummy!  I was one happy dog!  Afterwards, we watched TV and went to sleep.  In the morning, we had to head back to Carbondale.  It was a short, but fun, trip.  Before we left, we had some amazing biscuits and gravy made by Gabrielle's mom, Celeste.  With a full belly, I slept on the way back to Carbondale.  I spend the next with Gabrielle at her apartment while she cleaned and did homework.  The next day, she took me back to Mrs. Stearns.


Miles for this trip: 127.4

Total miles: 2969.02

Latitude and Longitude: 38.31738 N, -88.90816 W



No comments:

Post a Comment